[Solved] Rockspace WiFi Extender Keeps Dropping Signal
Walk through the hacks mentioned in this write-up if your Rockspace WiFi extender keeps dropping signal. But, before we shed light on the troubleshooting process, we want you to get familiar with the reasons causing the issue in the first place. Figure 1 illustrates all the potential causes behind the Rockspace range extender problem you are facing.
Figure 1:Reasons why extender keeps dropping signal
[Fixes] Rockspace Extender Keeps Dropping Signal
Fix 1: Change the Extender’s Location
Keeping the range extender at the correct location holds great value when it comes to reaping its benefits. Since your extender is dropping signals out of nowhere, there is a high possibility that you were not attentive while selecting a location for your range extender. Know that a perfect location for your range extender is one that contains minimum WiFi interference. To know more about WiFi interference and its negative effects on your extender’s output, consider getting in touch with our team. But, for now, relocate the extender and keep it away from the:
- Radiowave emitting devices
- Reflexive surfaces
- Metal objects
- Objects containing a large amount of water
- Corners and concrete walls
Fix 2: Check the Extender-Router Gap
There is a chance that the distance between your extender and the main gateway is improper [too much or too less]. To fix the Rockspace extender keeps dropping signal, place your WiFi devices properly. FYI, your devices need to be present in the range of the main gateway to work efficiently. Apart from this, ensure to keep the following things in mind:
- Your WiFi devices must not be placed too close. Otherwise, their signals will clash.
- Avoid keeping your extender and router in two different corners of the house.
Fix 3: Change the Ethernet Cable
You might face the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps dropping signal if the Ethernet cable connecting the extender to the main gateway is damaged. Know that a damaged Ethernet cable can stop you from accessing the 192.168.0.254 IP address. Therefore, you ought to change it to resolve the issue at hand. While doing so, ensure that:
- You insert the cable into the correct ports of your WiFi devices.
- The Ethernet ports of your devices are working as well as are neat and clean.
- The cable is not flipped.
Fix 4: Restart the Extender
If your extender has overworked, then it is time to give it some rest. The best strategy to make your extender rest for some time is rebooting. Doing so will also help it overcome technical glitches that might be degrading its performance. To reboot your wireless range extender, follow the instructions given below:
- Switch off your extender after disconnecting it from the main router.
- Wait for some time.
- Switch on the extender and connect it back to the router.
Fix 5: Update the Firmware
You can also upgrade the firmware of your WiFi device to fix the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue. Keep in mind that every networking device needs to operate on an upgraded firmware version in order to work well. You can upgrade your Rockspace extender via re.rockspace.local. Here’s how:
- Download the latest firmware file for your range extender.
- After that, access re.rockspace.local and log in to your Rockspace device.
- Locate the Firmware Update window.
- Upload the firmware file you downloaded and wait patiently.
Fix 6: Reduce the Network Traffic
Your Rockspace WiFi range extender will keep dropping the signal if too many devices are accessing its network. Remember that heavy network traffic will automatically reduce the WiFi speeds offered by your range extender. To fix the issue:
- Reduce the number of devices accessing the network of your extender.
- Try to use wired connections wherever possible.
- Block unauthorized devices from your WiFi extender network.
The Rockspace WiFi extender keeps dropping signal issue has become common these days. But, fixing it is not. Since you have the correct troubleshooting techniques in hand, we expect that you will be able to resolve the problem easily.
But, there is a possibility that even after applying the fixes provided above, you won’t get successful in fixing the issue. This is when you will need the assistance of our online support team. Wondering about the correct time to contact them? Do not wonder! The reason being, they are available every time to help users struggling with Rockspace extender issues. So, what are you waiting for? Contact them now and resume a smoother networking experience with the Rockspace extender.