Guide to Solve Rockspace Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
The Rockspace Wi-Fi range extender is the best option if you need a blazing-fast internet connection in your house. However, there is always a chance that your Rockspace extender may become prone to issues, just like any other technical device. The Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue is one of the most common problems customers have been facing these days.
Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow if you find yourself in a similar predicament. But, before you learn how to resolve the issue, walk through the reasons behind it by referring to the following section.
What Caused Rockspace Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue?
Let’s discuss some potential causes of the Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue:
- The Rockspace extender was installed improperly
- The extender’s signals are getting interrupted
- Wrong placement of Rockspace extender
- Outdated extender firmware
- Technical glitches
Let’s not waste any more time before talking about how to address the issue at hand.
[Solved] Rockspace Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
Here are some things you can try to fix the Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue:
1. Connect the Extender to the Right Network
Once the device is set up, a new, larger wireless network is made available. The name of this system is different from that of the preceding system. All the devices may have been accessing the old network instead of the new one. In light of this, you should make your devices access the enlarged network.
Using the re.rockspace.local web address, you should access the wireless extender’s administrative dashboard and monitor all devices that are accessing it. The list of devices will include all the devices that are currently accessing your network.
2. Change the Location of the Extender
In order to maximize the wireless range of your Rockspace extender, you need to position it in the best possible location. Your Wi-Fi range extender should be kept in these orientations for optimal performance:
- At a safe distance from your home’s security systems, fridges, microwaves, refrigerators, treadmills, televisions, and any Bluetooth devices.
- Keep your wireless extender away from metal objects like ceiling fans, glasses or mirrors, metal tanks, and concrete walls.
If you keep your wireless extender away from these things, your Wi-Fi connection should be stable. In addition, it will assist you in fixing Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue once and for all.
3. Reboot the Rockspace Range Extender
Simply rebooting the device may fix even the most complex technical issues. These are the instructions to follow to reboot your Rockspace wireless extender:
- Switch off the wireless range extender.
- Get rid of all the cords attached to it.
- Hold on for a little bit longer.
- Once that is done, plug your Wi-Fi range extender back into its power socket.
- Start up your range extender now.
Check whether the Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue still exists after you’ve tried everything. Fixing the issue would be fantastic.
If this hack doesn’t work for you either, then try upgrading the extender’s firmware.
4. Perform Rockspace Firmware Upgrade
If you’ve already tried these steps without success, the next step is to update the firmware on your Wi-Fi range extender. What is that? Do you think that is not needed? Well then, check if the firmware on your range extender is up to date or not. If it is not, then you surely know what you are supposed to do.
In case you want to know how to upgrade your extender’s firmware, you may do so by referring to the guidelines mentioned in the user manual.
After following these instructions, check if you are able to troubleshoot the Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue this time or not.
Need More Help?
Although you will be able to fix the Rockspace extender keeps disconnecting issue with the assistance of the hacks given above, in case, trouble is still standing in your path, it is recommended that you contact our technical experts.