Complete Rockspace Router AC2100 Setup in 2 Ways
It is difficult to imagine our lives without internet access. We all are so dependent on it that we feel there is no survival without it. Almost all our jobs are done online. Most of our smart devices and appliances at home require an internet connection to operate. To meet internet needs, we recommend getting a Rockspace router AC2100 setup done which is one of the best routers available. If you are looking for information on how to complete the setup process of the Rockspace router, know that walking through this guide will be beneficial.
Rockspace Router AC2100 Setup: 2 Methods
A Rockspace router can be set up in two ways:
- Using RS WiFi App
- Via Web-Based Interface
Let us now shed light on these two methods in detail. Read on.
Before proceeding to the actual setup process, let us tell you about the hardware setup of the router.
Rockspace AC2100 Router: Hardware Setup
- Begin the process by turning off the main gateway or the modem. Give it some time to recover its settings.
- Bring the Rockspace router to the same room.
- Connect the LAN port of the modem to the Internet port of the Rockspace router using an Ethernet cable. Make a firm connection between the devices.
- Turn on the modem first and then the router.
Method 1: Rockspace Router AC2100 Setup
Using RS WiFi App
This app is available also for the latest Android version (Android 13) as well as the latest iOS version(iOS 16). You can manage and control your home WiFi using this app. The instructions for Rockspace router AC2100 setup using the app have been discussed below:
- Download the Rockspace RS WiFi app on your smart phone from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Connect your phone to the router’s WiFi.
- Tap on the app to launch it after getting it installed.
- Find the information about the router’s SSID (network name) and password on the label of the router. The label is usually preset at the bottom of the router.
- The app will automatically detect the connection type. If not, do it manually.
- Assign a WiFi name and password and click OK.
This completes setting up your AC2100 router using the Rockspace RS WiFi mobile app.
Method 2: Rockspace Router AC2100 Setup
Using Web Interface
This method requires you to log in to the Rockspace router using the login web or IP address using a browser. Here are the steps for the same:
- Turn on your PC first.
- Connect it to the router’s network wired or wirelessly.
- Use an Ethernet cable for a wired connection and connect to the router’s WiFi using its SSID and password for a wireless connection.
- Run an updated browser on your PC now.
- Type re.rockspace.local or the default IP address 192.168.0.1 in the address field.
- Press the Enter key to navigate to the setup screen of the router.
- Click Start.
- The web page will automatically detect the connection type or you can manually do it.
- Set up a WiFi SSID and password.
- Also, assign a login password.
- Click Next.
- A message saying you’ve set up your router successfully appears on the screen and you are good to go.
This completes the Rockspace AC2100 setup using the web interface.
The Bottom Line
You are now well aware of the Rockspace router AC2100 setup process. You can now connect your networking devices to the router’s network and enjoy internet access.
However, if you have a large home with multiple rooms and walls, you might find it hard to have internet access in all parts of your home. One of the ultimate solutions to this trouble is setting up a mesh system or wireless range extender. We would recommend getting a Rockspace WiFi extender setup in such a scenario to have internet signals in all the nooks and corners of your home.